Let this be a lesson to all of you, especially those of you that still enjoy 'parking' from time to time: proper vehicle maintenance is essential.

According to WCPO, carbon monoxide leaked through a rusty exhaust pipe and killed a Kentucky couple that was having sex in their car.

It was 40 degrees the night of the incident, so 32-year old David Long and 25-year old Violet Iles decided to leave the car running while they got busy, instead of...oh, I don't know...going inside.

What the couple didn't know was that the exhaust pipe on the car had rusted out and carbon monoxide was leaking in. It only took about 90 minutes for the couple to be overcome by carbon monoxide, leading to their death.

Long's brother discovered the couple the next morning. Authorities are still awaiting the results of a toxicology report to confirm the cause of death, WCPO reports.

The good news for any of you reading this and thinking about bumping uglies in your vehicle in the not-too-distant future is that the summer months are nearly here, so you won't really have to worry about leaving the car running.

Once winter hits, though, remember this story. It could save your life.

More From 96.5 The Walleye